What is the Scottish Police Muslim Association ?
We are a Muslim Police Association in Scotland, providing a conduit for information, communication, training and direct support to :
- Scottish Police and all Police Officers/ staff on Issues relating to Islam and the diverse Muslim communities.
- Young people from the diverse Muslim communities To engage directly with Police Officers and Staff on community issues.
- Faith communities, in developing an inter-faith Dialogue around faith tolerance, law and order and respect for diversity.
The SPMA aims to build a strong, inclusive and cohesive working Relationship between the Police Service of Scotland and the diverse Muslim communities, across Scottish in the Development and delivery of services, support, policies and Practice that demonstrate equality, dignity, respect and Nurture a positive understanding and acceptance of faith Diversity and tolerance for all citizens and staff.
The Scottish Police Muslim Association (SPMA) is an organisation dedicated to supporting Muslim Police officers and staff, acting as a bridge between the Police Service of Scotland and Muslim communities.
Aims and Objectives
- Provide direct grassroot support to Muslim police officers and staff members.
- Provide strategic level direction to the Police service and other agencies in policy development
- Provide knowledge on Islamic matters, forge a stronger relationship between the Muslim community and the Police.
- Advise the Police Service of Scotland and all police officers and staff on issues in relation to Islam and the diverse Muslim community.
- Be a conduit between the Muslim community across Scotland and the Police Service of Scotland.
- Promote dialogue and engagement between the Muslim youth and the Police service.
- Encourage Faith communities, in developing an inter-faith dialogue around tolerance, law & order and respect for Diversity.